School of Economics and Management, UCAS is a research-oriented management school. So as to continue the development and strengthen our academic excellence, UCAS is recruiting excellent professional and young scholars in any field of management from around the world.
Positions and Requirements
1. Vacancies for Leading Scholars
We seek highly qualified candidates with a good record of academic publication in top-tier international journals and also experienced in teaching and supervising students. Preference will be given to applicants who are creative and enjoying team-work.
The Long-term Program of the “One Thousand Person Project”: Positions are primarily open to renowned full professors or professionals at equivalent level from leading foreign universities or academic institutions abroad. For this category, candidates’ age should be below 50 years. Age relaxations can be extended to 55 years in exceptional cases.
The Short-term Program of the “One Thousand Person Project”: Applicants should hold a Ph.D. from foreign universities, and have a professor level position from leading universities or academic institutions abroad. The age limit is 55 years.
"One Thousand Person Project for Distinguished Overseas Young Scholars”: Candidates should hold a Ph.D. degree from reputable overseas universities and have at least 3 years overseas research or teaching experience. Or candidates obtained their Ph.D. degree in China, and have at least 5 years teaching and research experiences abroad. Applicants should be able to demonstrate the potential and evidence of developing to a leading scholar in its field. Candidates’ age should be below 40 years. The fresh graduated overseas Ph.D. with an established track-record of publications in top international journals are not subject to these constrains.
“One Hundred Person Project” Category A (for Outstanding Scholars Abroad): Candidates, after obtained their Ph.D. degrees, should have at least 4 years teaching or research experience abroad. Candidates are expected to have an assistant professor or above position abroad. In principle, the age should not exceed 40 years, the exceptionally excellent candidates above 40 years might be also considered.
“One Hundred Person Project” Category B (for Outstanding Talents in China): Applicants should work as a full professor at leading universities in China and be a recognized researcher publishing regularly in academic journals. Standards of excellence in teaching are also expected. Candidates’ age should not exceed 45 years.
Other Leading Scholars: Candidates, with an outstanding record of publications, are expected to hold a full professor or a research fellow position at leading universities or institutes in China.
The salary details will be offered according to the requirements of “One Thousand Person Project” and “One Hundred Person Project” of the Chinese Academy of Sciences.
2. Vacancies for Outstanding Young Scholars
For those with deputy high and above professional and technical positions, having teaching and research experience, the applicant is supposed to be no more than 45 years old. For those excellent Ph.D. graduates or former postdoctoral researchers, the applicant is supposed to be no more than 35 years old.
3. Postdoctoral Positions
Due to the expanding of school size and the rapid development of the disciplinary as well as the increase in teaching and research tasks, postdoctoral researchers in related disciplines are needed in our school. Excellent Ph.D. graduates, or former postdoctoral researchers intending to engage in research and teaching work, can apply for the teaching postdoctoral positions. The teaching postdoctoral is required to teach one graduate course and assist in teaching one graduate course. Those whose overall performance is outstanding will be offered a teaching and research position in our school.
The applicant is supposed to be no more than 35 years old, with a doctoral degree, high academic achievements and moral quality, as well as good health and team spirit.
The applicant interested in the above positions can contact our school and submit relevant application materials via Email. The interview will be arranged according to the applications, and the time for the interview will also be informed.
The applicant for teaching and research position is supposed to submit the following application materials:
1) Curriculum Vitae, including a complete description of academic experience and a catalogue of publications
2) Several representative publications, including papers and books, in photocopies
3) Three recommendation letters from professors who are familiar with your research, as well as the professors’ contact information
4) Diploma and certificate of doctoral degree, in photocopies
5) Diplomas and certificates of employment, and award certificates, in photocopies
The applicant for postdoctoral position is supposed to submit the following application materials:
1) Curriculum Vitae, including a complete description of academic experience
2) Dissertations, a catalogue of publications, 1-3 representative papers and award certificates, in photocopies
3) Diploma and certificate of doctoral degree, and the photocopies (Graduates who have yet obtained the degree certificate are supposed to submit the evidence of your passing of the thesis defense and the time when the certificate of doctoral degree will be awarded, both of which have to be issued by the education department of your school.)
4) Other evidence of your academic capabilities
5) The applicant who passes the primary selection can participate in the interview, and is supposed to submit two recommendation letters from professors who are familiar with your research, as well as the professors’ contact information
Remuneration and Benefits
Internationally competitive salary and benefits are offered according to qualifications and experience.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ( Please CC to email@example.com)